Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pooh and Pokwang jokes about AMA Computer College

I was riding an airconed bus this afternoon, and the show that was playing on the DVD player was Pooh and Pokwang's stage show in America. One of the jokes there was about the schools that some of the show's presenters had graduated from. Pooh and Pokwang gave funny names of non-existent schools. However, one of their guests gave this joke:



"Di ba, sinabi nila na kapag ang paaralan pinangalan sa bayani pampubliko ito, tapos kapag pinangalan sa santo, ito naman ay pampribado. Pero wala kayo sa school ko. Mas mataas pa to sa bayani at santo. Ano pangalan ng school kamo: AMA Computer College. AMA, ibig sabhin si Lord na yon... Ang course ko BS CS... as in BS in Counter Strike major in Dota. ... (more followed)..."



The joke was funny but then I stopped laughing because I realized, dito nga pala sa school na ito ako napilitang mag-aral. Oh well, like all the graduates of that bullshit school, I am also subjected to this kind of humiliation all the time. If I am proud of that school, I would have felt outraged by this joke. But the truth is, I myself really feel resentful of that bullshit AMA school and all its subsidiaries. I thought to myself, well, at least, when people hear this joke, fewer and fewer students will enroll in this school (which is a good thing for innocent students). These jokes serve as a subtle warning to those unsuspecting people to avoid this school at all costs. While it hurts, I cannot really be angry to those people who crack up these kinds of jokes.

There is at least one person I am angry at for me having to endure these kinds of humiliation everyday. My father. I would not have ended up in that god-forsaken school had he been logical and generous enough. Well, its a long story... I will give a complete detail about this story in another post. Well, bye for now.

No comments: